Xanadu Studios is an online art marketing site backed by an established bricks-&-mortar art gallery; it's a hybrid art gallery for selling art in the 21st Century. We partner with you to promote your work both online and in our beautiful Scottsdale location, which offers you simultaneous online marketing of your art and representation by a well established art gallery.
If you are interested in marketing art with Xanadu, we invite you to apply for artist representation in Xanadu Studios. Upon acceptance, we introduce your art to our collectors and begin to build a following for your work. Our most popular studio artists are invited to sell art in Xanadu's Scottsdale art gallery.
Why Xanadu Studios is a Smart Art Marketing Strategy for Boosting your Art Career
- In Xanadu Studios you'll enjoy selling art in good company with quality gallery artists. Our active art marketing efforts are focused on the juried art found in Xanadu Studios and Xanadu Gallery in Scottsdale. Our art collectors count on us to sift through the millions of art choices on the web and present the best to them. We are committed to remaining a quality fine art gallery destination.
- Expose your art to Xanadu’s current 9-year and growing collector and prospective collector base. Selling art is the objective of our marketing efforts. We do that by (1) generating leads with our Scottsdale location and our website, (2) encouraging buyers and prospective art collectors to visit Xanadu Studios online to see our full inventory of art, and (3) maintaining contact with past buyers and prospective leads through print and email art marketing.
- Expose your art to Xanadu’s walk-in traffic. We tell every person who walks through our doors to see all our gallery artists and our full art gallery offerings online. We have a kiosk available in the art gallery for visitors to access Xanadu Studios online where they learn about all our artists and their artwork.
- Build your resume with Scottsdale gallery representation. Gallery representation often leads to more gallery representation in other markets. Our successful artists show their work in multiple geographic markets.
- Increase possibilities for working directly with collectors when selling art. Xanadu Studios encourages the artist/collector connection by placing your contact information on your studio
- Keep 80 percent of the selling price when you sell art from your Xanadu Studio. Xanadu takes only a 20% commission on artwork sold through the website, unlike the 50% standard in traditional galleries.
- Our best selling and most-active artists from Xanadu Studios are invited to show in Xanadu's physical Gallery in Scottsdale, AZ
Selling Art Through Xanadu Studios
It takes just a few simple steps to upload your artwork to our studio site for review by our selection committee. Upon acceptance your artwork will appear on xanadugallery.com and you will be able to upload additional images to the site. Your artwork is then searchable through Xanadu's categorized art pages. Collectors shop you through our physical location or from anywhere in the world via the internet.
When collectors purchase or commission art directly through Xanadu Studios, they can pay for the art and the shipping through our secure server. Xanadu holds the money in trust for seven days after the artwork is delivered (to allow for possible returns), at which time we issue payments to you via check or Paypal.
We will notify you by email or phone that a purchase has been made, and tell you where to ship the piece. You ship the artwork to the collector within three days (allowances will be made if you are traveling or need more time to ship). Collectors have seven days from the time the artwork is delivered to finalize a sale. Once the sale is finalized we will send your payment and reimbursement for your shipping expenses.
Collectors who return art within a week are responsible for shipping it back to you. You are also reimbursed your initial shipping expenses.
When collectors purchase or commission art directly from you we trust that you will send us our 20 percent commission.
Grow Your Art Career Now in 3 Simple Steps
- Apply for membership as a gallery artist in Xanadu Studios by submitting work for review by Xanadu's jury.
- Within two weeks (usually sooner) you'll receive an email informing you whether Xanadu is a good fit for your work. Once you have have been accepted your page will become active and you may begin uploading additional work.
For a summary of what is included in your free account, please see the chart below.
For frequently asked questions regarding Xanadu Studios and our gallery representation process please see our FAQ. If you still have a question please email us at the address below.